Skip to content
10 Tips for a Great Trip
- Plan ahead! It’s hard to do, but it’s the best way to get the most out of your award. Resort condos are in great demand, so the sooner you can choose a destination and date, the better. Try to plan at least 3 months in advance, but no more than 9 months in advance.
- Be flexible. Think about a range of dates you could travel, not just one specific week.
- Do your homework. Make sure you review all the information on this web site and your award certificate. It will make things go much more smoothly. Use the internet to get up to speed on destinations and resorts.
- Come back often. We’re constantly adding new resorts to our portfolio, and the resort inventory changes constantly.
- Think big. Consider an upgrade to a larger unit. Most of the time, you’ll get a full kitchen which will save money on meals, plus you’ll have more room to spread out. You’re on vacation, after all.
- Shop airfares first. If you’re planning a trip that involves air travel, shop the flights, schedules and fares first. Remember, you’ll probably be arriving and departing on a weekend. Don’t book your flights until you receive a confirmation from Resort Sampler or are told one is on the way.
- Sign up for email specials. It’s a great way to get news about new destinations and resorts, plus last-minute inventory availability.
- Consider an “off season” trip. Try to avoid major holidays and peak summer travel. You’ll have many more options of destinations and resorts, plus you’ll have fewer crowds.
- Take advantage of the “condo.” Nearly all of the resort units we book for you will have full or partial kitchens. And that can save you money on dining out. Plus, many of the 1- and 2-bedroom condos in our program have washers and dryers right in the unit, so you can pack lite!
- Register your award right away. Don’t wait until you’re planning a trip to get your account created and your award registered. You can always transfer your award later to another individual.